patch: unzip succeeds with CRC errors

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 11:27:09 PST 2006

Rob Landley wrote:

>> There are plenty of other causes. Usually corrupted data is caused by
>> accidentally overwriting part of a file or filesystem. For instance,
>> running mke2fs on an existing filesystem.. :) This is the sort of real
>> world disaster situation that rescue disks are made for.
>
> Ok, I'm convinced.

I guess my opion doesn't count, but if I would need a rescuedisk, I
would like to have a disk with an application that is designed for
recover data and use that for analyzing the zipfile, not an unzipper
that just ignores errors.

I would expect busybox unzip fail early, so you know at an earlier stage
when you should find that data recovery tool. I wouldn't expect busybox
unzip even try to analyze whats wrong and try to find out a way to fix
broken things. There are other tools (that should be on the recovery
disk) that handles that.

would it be possible to have an --ignore-errors like runtime option?

my $0.02

--
Natanael Copa