Question about mount

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 29 07:49:38 PST 2006

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 2:04 am, Alexander Griesser wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > Are you saying that "mount -o remount" should mount a filesystem out of
> > fstab if it isn't already mounted?
>
> On my system, mount does.
>
> vi-edv003:~# mount | grep vi-intranet
> vi-edv003:~# mount -o remount /microsoft/vi-intranet
> Password:
> vi-edv003:~# mount | grep vi-intranet
> //vi-intranet/D$ on /microsoft/vi-intranet type smbfs (rw)
> vi-edv003:~#
>
> ciao,

Ah.

Ok, 2 things.

1) Busybox mount doesn't currently have any support for smbfs, that I am aware
of.  (Patches welcome.  I don't even know what would be involved.  We do have
support for nfs, which hopefully the recent patch just fixed, and which I
suppose is important enough to merit a 1.1.1.1.)

2) On ubunutu, I get:
    $mount -o remount /dev/hdc
    mount: /media/cdrom0 not mounted already, or bad option
  Using busybox mount:
    ./busybox mount -o remount /dev/hdc
    mount: Can't find /dev/hdc in /proc/mounts

P.S.  Is it just me, or are we having serious number trouble with these
releases?  1.00, 1.01, 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.1.1...  I mean, I know ones and
zeroes are great and all, but we've _got_ to stick a 2 in there eventually...