is NFS mounting borked in bb-1.1.1?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Mar 24 18:31:14 PST 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 8:47 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   after upgrading to bb-1.1.1 earlier this morning, i have been
> *utterly* unable to successfully NFS mount what used to work just fine
> under bb-1.00.  (bb-1.1.1 on client, NFS server running on FC4
> system.)
>
>   every mount attempt gives me:
>
>     mount: Mounting 10.1.1.100:/tmp on /mnt failed: Invalid argument
>
> among other things i have:
>
>   1) pinged from each machine to the other to verify connectivity
>   2) used "showmount" on the server to verify what's being shared
>   3) restarted NFS on the server, just to play it safe
>   4) used (non-bb) "showmount" command on client to verify what's
> 	being shared on the server
>   5) verified that portmap is running on the client
>
> etc., etc.
>
>   i recall much mount-related discussion lately but i don't remember
> any of it having to do with NFS.  what am i missing?  thanks.

I don't use nfs so I have no idea, but I'm pondering having a
"busybox-1.1.1.fixes.patch" in the download directory that we add to if we
find stupid stuff like the losetup dependency thing.  (I'm not releasing a
1.1.1, but I can have a patch to fix known issues...)

Each of these fixes would of course need to be checked into the current tree
first.  (Something to resolve the issue, anyway.  Not necessarily the same
exact patch.)

Comments?