Mount Question/Request

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 22 16:02:56 PST 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 6:06 pm, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 04:04:54PM -0600, Jason Schoon wrote:
> >Rob,
> >
> >Have you considered adding label support to mount at some point in the
> >future?  It just so happens that I recently started a project where I
> >will need to use ext labels to mount, rather than device names (I
> >would use udev, but my /dev directory is in a read-only partition).
> >
> >I thought I was going about it all wrong, until I realized that
> >Busybox mount doesn't have support for specifying labels.  I may
> >investigate adding it, but I didn't want to start if it was on a mount
> >TODO list of yours.
>
> On a vaguely related note..  I take it that noone needs labels for swap,
> right? Just curious.

Huh.  What does our swapon -a do, anyway?  (Rummage...)  Looks at /etc/fstab.

Ok, if somebody puts a "label->device" converter in libbb (which is a NOP for
anything that's already a device, or if label support is disabled via
CONFIG), then I could see having swapon use it.

I don't personally care, of course. :)