undefined references when using "compileall sourcesat once"

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Mar 22 01:51:43 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 11:49:15AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Tuesday 21 March 2006 7:54 am, walter harms wrote:
>> i guess you are missing libcrypt try to add -lcrypt for the linking.
>
>Due to some recent IRC discussions, I'm pondering making -lcrypt optional in
>passwd.c.  It's really a fallback, md5 and sha1 are way more modern.  Plus
>it's a large chunk of library crud we shouldn't need; they can config it out
>of uclibc if we don't use it.
>
>I wonder if we need an "experimental new features" menu.  Build everything at
>once would certainly go in there, if so...

We can just add a CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL and make COMPILE_AT_ONCE depend on
that.

That said, the help text of this option clearly states that you only
ought to turn that option on if you know what you are doing (i.e. have
alot of RAM in your build-host and don't want e2fsprogs as they are
completely broken in IMA-mode).