cksum missing

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Tue Mar 21 10:15:25 PST 2006

you may like to look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check
it says basicly there are 3 sorts of crc32.
You can init with 0 or ~0 and xor the result with 0 or ~0
more over there is a big and little endian version:
(nice reading: linux kernel code
http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/l4env/doc/html/oshkosh/crc32_8c-source.html)

the question is how to handle all this ? i will take a dive into the
code and lets see what happens next.

re,
  walter