Init hanging

Vadivelan at soc-soft.com Vadivelan at soc-soft.com
Wed Mar 8 21:44:35 PST 2006

Hi,
	The root filesystem which I've is for mips4 64-bit architecture.
I'm working on a mips3 64-bit architecture.
	Hence I've compiled my own busybox. In the menuconfig I've given
the path and prefix of the cross compiler I'm using and also the
compiler flag as -march=mips3. I've built it as a static library and
installed them in a temporary directory using "make PREFIX=/tmp/
install-hardlinks".

Then I've copied all the binaries to the directory which contains my
root file system.

I've also created a link as /sbin/init -> ../bin/busybox.
But still init does not run.
I've also modified init_main() to print some messages.
But its not working.
I'm unable to trace the problem.

Kindly help me resolve this.

Thanking u in advance.

Regards,
Vadi.

The information contained in this e-mail message and in any annexure is
confidential to the  recipient and may contain privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message along with
any annexure. You should not disclose, copy or otherwise use the information contained
in the message or any annexure. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
SoCrates Software India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore.