revision 14457: make 3.79 ok, 3.80 unhappy

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Mar 7 08:40:50 PST 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 10:51 am, Jason Schoon wrote:
> Bernhard is taking care of it from the sounds of it, but I would throw in
> my $.02 that 3.80 absolutely has to work.  It is currently the latest
> released version of make, and is over 3 years old.  So, anyone not willing
> to use a beta or find appropriate patches is very likely to be using it.

Agreed.

I grabbed last night's snapshot and fed it into RH9.  I had to disable
e2fsprogs to get it to build (couldn't find blkid, I think.  I'm assuming
this is related to the "fixme").  But everything else seems to have built.

(And it's 1086060 bytes _without_ e2fsprogs.  Eeek!  We are definitely taking
advantage of the new compiler...)