dual licensing for libbusybox

Glenn L. McGrath bug1 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 2 11:37:29 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:20:00 -0800
<atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com> wrote:

> >>The GPL states conditions under which you are allowed to distribute a
> >>derivate work.
>
> Basically, when to distribute is a question over here.  As I was
> educated,
> Only when a product ships out of the door, the code has to be released.
> If
> The project gets canned or it was used for a demo or presentation, its
> okay.
>
> Some may consider this a loophole but I think this is legal and
> beneficial.
> Nobody wants partial implementations or buggy patches!

Your correct.

I guess im nitpicking, but what im saying is that i dont think the
right to modify code without distributing is a right the GPL grants,
its something you can do.

Maybe its an implied right, im not sure...

Im tempted to pull out my book on open source licencing, it talks about
rights (as a legal term) in regard to licences and contracts... but im
late for work.

Glenn