Resolving the licensing issues.

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Thu Mar 2 05:48:29 PST 2006

vodz wrote:
 > Yann E. MORIN wrote:
 >
 > > For all these reasons, being a maintainer is a hard work, and I'm glad someone
 > > like Rob Landley is maintaining busybox. I would not like for anything in the
 > > world to be in his place.
 > >
 > > To me, Rob does a good job at maintaining busybox.
 >
 > Last some hours ago example:
 >
 > http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2006-March/018852.html

i don't understand.  what's your point?

patches were sent.  they weren't applied right away.  the poster
asked about them, and rob made some time and looked them over.
he applied at least one, and asked some questions about others.
what should he have done instead?

it's not rob's job description to immediately apply every patch
that comes to the mailing list.  sometimes patches will sit for a
while.  you've been here long enought to know this.  someone else
could examine and apply the patches too.  ideally, if the provider
of the patches is around long enough, and proves they're
competent and relatively trustworthy, maybe they can get commit
privs and commit their own patches.

 > without comment the 5 years busybox's dispute: if(p) free(p) vs free(p)
 >
 > http://www.google.com/search?q=free+NULL+site:www.busybox.net&num=1000

again, what's your point?  how does this relate in any way to good or
poor project management?

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com