a few short observations on latest BB

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Mar 1 14:08:50 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 04:02:47PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Wednesday 01 March 2006 1:32 pm, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Jason Schoon wrote:

>The explanation I heard earlier was that "feature complete" links together all
>the .o files that were produced, but that doesn't mean it causes extra ones
>to get built from *.c files that aren't currently selected.

Huh?

$ grep SRC- libbb/Makefile.in
LIBBB_SRC-a:=$(wildcard $(srcdir)/*.c)
LIBRARY_SRC-y+=$(LIBBB-y)
LIBRARY_SRC-a+=$(LIBBB_SRC-a)

where obviously
$ grep denote Makefile
# -a denotes all while -y denotes the selected ones.

The only thing which may be not ok is that we may use these only for IMA
and not for the legacy build. As said, i'll look into that later.