Resolving the licensing issues.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 1 12:24:48 PST 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 12:32 pm, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Vladimir, Rob,
> All,
>
> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 181, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> > > Are your patches submitted under the GPL?
> >
> > A patches with license? Smiles ;-)
>
> A patch is your work. As such you can decide what license you publish it
> under.

A) Not if it's a derived work.

B) You can publish your own work under any license you like, but busybox is
licensed under the GPL and thus can only use code that is licensed under the
GPL.

> > > I can't take new patches from you until this is resolved.
> >
> > Clumsy attempt of a raising of a theme of the license from me
> > was last drop to affect your policy of maintaining,
> > who becomes more and more disgusting.
>
> No comment. I find this flaming. Please don't. If any one disagrees on
> technical ground, he is free to discuss it here. Any personal attack shall
> be private. Period.
> No offense meant.

I can't email him off list from my laptop.  He's been spam-blocking me for two
years.  I get bounce messages from every message I cc: him on:

The original message was received at Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:40:32 -0500
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

<dzo at simtreas.ru>
    (reason: 554 treas.simtreas.ru ESMTP not accepting messages)

... while talking to mail.simtreas.ru.:
<<< 554 treas.simtreas.ru ESMTP not accepting messages
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
... while talking to pub-linode-wye-2.wwwdotorg.org.:
>>> DATA
<<< 450 <swarren at wwwdotorg.org>: Recipient address rejected: Service
unavailable, greylisted.
<swarren at wwwdotorg.org>... Deferred: 450 <swarren at wwwdotorg.org>: Recipient
address rejected: Service unavailable, greylisted.
<<< 554 Error: no valid recipients
... while talking to pub-linode-wye-1.wwwdotorg.org.:
>>> DATA
<<< 450 <swarren at wwwdotorg.org>: Recipient address rejected: Service
unavailable, greylisted.
<swarren at wwwdotorg.org>... Deferred: 450 <swarren at wwwdotorg.org>: Recipient
address rejected: Service unavailable, greylisted.
<<< 554 Error: no valid recipients

This has been a problem for _years_, which I've brought up to him before, and
he doesn't care.

I can email him from my work machine, but I only got _to_ my work machine an
hour ago.  (See "traveling, saturday through tuesday.  Which may be where I
got the cold...)