(fwd) busybox mount -a fix.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jun 26 14:55:29 UTC 2006

On Monday 26 June 2006 8:19 am, Paul Fox wrote:
>  > I don't.  Those return codes aren't even standardized as far as BSD:
>  > http://www.hmug.org/man/8/mount.php
>
> who cares?  aren't you always quick to point out that we don't
> run on bsd?  remember, you're the one that brought up the exit
> code bits in the first place, which got me interested, so i
> implemented the interesting ones.

I brought them up because I was considering supporting them, but decided
against it because the vast majority of the exit codes are outright silly,
and it's not really that easy to do boolean operations from shell scripts.

>  > This is something util-linux dreamed up, and I was unaware we
>
> as opposed to something you dreamed up.

It's zero and nonzero.  The rest is optional.

> since we have no proper
> man pages that document our return codes, i would have thought
> that trying to match _some_ mount's behavior would be better than
> rolling our own.  you've still not given another example of a
> program that exits with an errno as an exit status.

It's zero and nonzero.  The errno was convenient.  We output a text message
with the details anyway.

> but i assume you have precedent?

If you like, I can change it so that our exit code is always either 0 or 1.
That's about 95% of the interesting information right there.  If it really,
really bothers you, I will do so.