[busybox] v0.5 of busybox single-applet iterative build script

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Jun 21 10:52:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 05:40:55PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 June 2006 3:50 pm, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

>> >Cool, but a bit hard-wired for my tastes ($HOME/src/autobuilder) and I'm
>> >trying to finish old tangents rather than start new ones right now.
>>
>> It's a quick script i use to check how broken stuff is. Most of the
>> time i can see the actual config breakages before users trip them,
>> which is about the only thing it is ment to accomplish. Sanity check.
>
>As I said, it looks cool, but it's way too complex for me to just make an
>empty directory and run it in there like I do with my bb-anonytest script
>(attached).
>
>> FWIW, the ls and the pwdgrp breakage as well as the ifupdown warning
>> stem from running that script.
>
>My anonymous checkout test found that too, once I was poked.  (I just hadn't
>run make allbareconfig recently.)
>
>> Re: the "hard-wired" path to the $src. It should be easy enough to
>> change that line, i figure. Perhaps a src=${src-"./"} would do too
>
>If you've got one I can just run in an empty directory that will do an
>anonymous checkout of current and try a bunch of different ways of building
>it, which I can just leave running for a while to find new warnings and build
>breaks, that would be really cool.

I've updated the abovementioned script accordingly.
E.g.
mkdir -p /tmp/scratch
cd /tmp/scratch
~/bin/mk.busybox.sh

alternatively you can specify the full path to the existing directory:
$ ~/bin/mk.busybox.sh /there/space/

Note that it will wipe any /there/space/busybox directory that may
exists there and checkout trunk anonymously.

HTH,
Bernhard