any real rationale for "for_all_interfaces()"??

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 19 11:45:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, walter harms wrote:

> how many functions will iterate over all interfaces ? NTL: glibc has
> a series of if_* functions. perhaps this is something you need ?

perhaps.  it just seemed to me that, while it's clearly useful to have
some kind of mechanism to iterate over [insert generic kind of object
here], the way it's done in interface.c to iterate over the system's
interfaces seems of limited usefulness as it's not really extensible.
and it seems overly complicated as well.

i'm still looking at it to see if i can simplify it somewhat.

rday