svn 15315

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jun 7 20:53:30 UTC 2006

About the (on linux) comment:

Linux is the default evironment.  Most of our apps only work on Linux, in one
way or another.  Half of our _directories_ are linux-specific (the console
directory, the init directory, the linux module utilities, the linux system
utilities, our process utilities are /proc based, I have no idea what other
platforms do for syslogd.  In theory e2fsprogs and debian utilities could
compile for non-linux, but that's a clear port _from_ Linux in that case.)

Most of the rest is sprinkled with Linux stuff.  The archival directory has
rpm and deb utilities, login has vlock, miscutils has devfsd, eject,
hdparm...

All of this stuff is "on linux".  That's the default assumption.

Rob

(And yes, Mike, I'm not putting a URL for this.  No, I didn't forget, I chose
not to.)