The FSF's being stupid again, it seems...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jun 28 16:17:36 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 5:36 pm, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:14:32 -0400
>
> Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > I've noticed that qemu.org only ever has the source for the most recent
> > version up.
>
> That's blatantly wrong:
> http://qemu.org/qemu-0.5.0.tar.gz

*shrug*  I was going by http://qemu.org/downloads.html.  It's good to know
that the older versions are still up, just not indexed.

In that case, I should have used gzip as an example:
http://www.gzip.org/#sources

Those guys I talked to a year or so back, and I _did_ get access to older
versions (because I wanted to compare the version in busybox with the current
version to see what security related fixes had gone in).  But I also learned
that they have an official policy of _not_ having older versions generally
available, because they don't want people using versions with known security
holes in them.