svn commit: trunk/busybox/libbb

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jun 23 09:43:10 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 5:05 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > Yes there was.  The factor of 256 does not work with baud
> > rates like 500000 due to rounding errors...  However, as I
> > have stated earlier, the fix for this is to use a factor
> > of 400 instead.
>
> pfft, details
> -mike

And the guy pointing out cris wants to use even bigger numbers (and there will
be bigger numbers in the future), and this is just on Linux, I'm really
liking the idea of a passthrough syntax.  Looking at the code, it seems getty
could easily grow another command line flag to say that its rates are raw
ioctl values, and stty is apparently deeply broken (it says "see man page"
for how to set any values, even in BusyBox.html.  We don't ship a man page,
so I guess it means "see source code"...)

Also, looking at both cases this is used, it parses a number out of a string
right before calling the thing, so it might be easier to just pass the string
in to tty_baud_to_value() or vice versa (I can't keep those straight, I keep
thinking that "baud" is the number and "value" is the ioctl, but I think the
code goes the other way)...  anyway, that number could have some kind of
indicator at the front of it ala "@100F" for B400000...  Hmmm, that might be
easier...