[busybox] v0.5 of busybox single-applet iterative build script

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Tue Jun 20 04:15:45 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have updated the iterative build script for busybox to take the
recently added CONFIG_BUSYBOX_EXEC_PATH into account.

http://busybox.net/~aldot/bb/mk.busybox.sh

What does this script do?

It iterates over all applets and builds them. For each individual
applet, the base-applet is compiled and all the applet's features are
toggled on and off, all three buffer-allocation schemata are built
for each combination as well as CONFIG_CLEANUP for each
buffer-allocation scheme.

How long does that process take, approximately?

On my compile-box, the whole build takes about 260 minutes.

Is this script run automatically to catch possible errors or newly
introduced warnings?

Not currently. I usually run it manually on an irregular basis on my
workstation.
Running it on the busybox.net machine would be possible but the current
hardware seems to be too weak to run it on a regular basis without
disturbing the interactive performance of the svn-server and the
bugtracker.