Firefox on Busybox

Christian Leber christian at leber.de
Sun Jun 11 06:26:08 PDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 07:36:15PM +0800, Michael Marriott wrote:
>    Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can get the
>    Firefox browser running in my busybox system?

You have absolutly no idea what you are doing, right?

1.) don't send html mail
2.) busybox is a small replacement for other tools, not more and not
    less
3.) busybox has nothing to do with firefox
4.) there is no "busybox system"
5.) when you run something as big as X and firefox you don't have to bother
    with busybox in the first place, it's microoptimization.
    Just use a normal distribution and not something deprecated unsupported
    as FC3 and strip it down.
    If you feel like it you can replace some binaries with busybox in
    the end.

>    So far I have installed the firefox directory onto an NFS system mounted
>    on the busybox device.

There is also no busybox device.

Christian Leber

--
  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)