ok, what's the official take on "endianness"? and hdparm problem

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jun 6 17:28:22 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 4:11 pm, Ken McGuire wrote:
>  * This message contains the file 'patch.bb1', which has been
>  * uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use
>  * the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents
>  * out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message
>  * and uudecode it manually.

Ever heard of mime encoding?

You can also cut and paste the patch inline.  Whitespace mangling's better
than that mess...

I uudecoded it by hand, noticed you removed the swab entirely, scratched my
head for a bit, went and pondered the code, and realized that both callers of
identify() were already adjusting the endianness of the data before calling
identify().  (Which is weird, how did this _ever_ work on a big endian
system?  It's broken back in 1.1.1, I think...)

The correct thing to do isn't to remove the adjustment from identify, but to
remove it from each of the callers so it's done in one place.

http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/svn-15301.patch