Feature Freeze Friday June 9, release Monday June 26.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jun 2 09:17:51 PDT 2006

Ok, I'm running a bit behind.  I'd like to calm things down soon for the 1.2.0
release.  If you have anything else you'd like to get in for 1.2.0 that isn't
a clear bugfix, could you please post it to the list by Friday the 9th.

Anything that hasn't been posted to the list by Friday, and isn't a clear
bugfix, will have to wait until the tree opens up again for 1.3.  I'll try to
work my way through the patch backlog (I've got 400 messages marked as "deal
with this"...  Sigh.) and I notice Bernhard's working through
bugs.busybox.net (which I'll need to face once I'm caught up with the
backlog, you can just _tell_ how much I'm looking forward to this).

I'd like to get 1.2.0 out on Monday, June 26, which means I need to get the
patch backlog cleared up at least a week before that to give people
feature-complete snapshots they can test.

After 1.2.0, I'm thinking of moving to a 4-month release cycle, or three new
x.y.0 releases a year.  (That would put the 1.3 release in October.)
Hopefully that'll give me a chance to finish off some of the larger projects
(like the passwd subsystem rewrite, and bbsh) that have been languishing for
too long.

Comments?