inittable and login problem

Lei Sun leisun124 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 19:12:47 UTC 2006

I do have /dev/ttyS1 and /dev/ttyS2,  I haven't checked permission bit
on /dev/ttyS0 yet.

I found out that if i directly run  "login" in shell, or I telnet into
the box, I got login prompt, but I got "incorrect password" error
after I typed password, however, I can FTP into the box , it accept my
ftp's password.  I assume ftp and telnet should share the same
password (it's not shadowed). But they behave differenctly ,  I guess
this has something to do with the login program.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
lei