suggestion: add $Id$ in files

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jul 26 11:34:01 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 11:54 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 11:51:15AM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
Exp $

> >> All of the RCS keywords should be removed (Id, Date, Log, etc, etc).
> >
> >It mostly seems to be in the networking directory (with a few leaks into
> >include/inet_common.h and libbb/inet_common.c), plus loginutils/deluser.c.
> >
> >The first one I looked at memorialized the version the busybox app forked
> >from, and my general theory is if that's still at all relevant then we
> >haven't optimized it enough.  But that's just me. :)
>
> Rob, IIRC rpjday remove them several days ago. What's the point in
> beating that dead horse?

I'm taking a day to catch up on my back email that's marked todo.  (All the
stuff since the start of OLS, basically.)

I do have a patch from him (which I may merge after lunch, I haven't gotten to
it yet), but recent.html doesn't show it as merged.

I agree it's low priority.  A lot of them are good indicators "hey, take a
look at this applet and see if it can be tightened up..."