Help needed with mount

Sean Richards richardss at lvl.co.nz
Mon Jul 24 20:13:09 PDT 2006

Rob Landley wrote:

>On Sunday 23 July 2006 10:21 pm, Sean Richards wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Still struggling with busybox mount (tried with both 1.20 and the latest
>>snapshot). Some help/advice would really be appreciated. I have to be
>>honest I am completely confused with this so a bit of guidance would be
>>good. My test system has its root partition (reiserfs) on hdb1 which is
>>initially mount ro during boot and then I want to remount it rw. However
>>I can't seem to get rid of the 'Couldn't unmount /: Invalid argument'
>>and 'Couldn't unmount /: No such file or directory'  errors on shutdown
>>and reboot when I do the remounting from my rcS file. If I remount /
>>manually then I don't get the errors. To clarify this
>>

>Do you have legacy mtab support enabled?  That's not remarkably well tested,
>could screw stuff up...
>
>Rob

Hi,

Thanks for the reply :)
Have built busybox with make defconfig and CONFIG_FEATURE_SH_IS_ASH=y.
Just checked in .config and CONFIG_FEATURE_MTAB_SUPPORT is not set so
that looks OK. At the moment I boot the system with Grub using 'root
(hd1,0)', 'kernel (hd1,0)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17.1 root=/dev/hdb1'. It all
boots up OK and everything seems to be working OK, just can't get rid of
these errors from mount when rebooting or shutting down. Not really sure
where to go from here.

Cheers, Sean