[patch] add modes to open call of ismounted

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jul 23 14:33:07 PDT 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 9:20 pm, Rich Felker wrote:
> > Then by all means, scream in Rob's ear. I would love to see this whole
> > plugged up.
>
> I would but I think he has me in his spam filter..
>
> Rich

I removed you from my spam filter after a few days (alas, I haven't got that
luxury).

I was at OLS all week and am currently catching up on email while David drives
us back to Pittsburgh.  It'll be a few days before I'm really caught up.

And along the way I'm poking at a graceful svn->mercurial repository
conversion script (based on the patch directory on my laptop) because with
svn I can't commit anything when I'm not attached to the net and this 12 hour
drive is yet another example (like my daily 2 hour commute on the bus;
there's no parking in Pittsburgh) where svn and I are fighting with each
other.  I just added another dozen patches to my pending folder, but can't
commit anything right now, and if I queue up a big patch series to commit in
order, I'm assuming nobody committed anything else to any of these files in
the meantime.  So I have to review and merge when I'm attached to the net.

(Yeah, I've picked Mercurial over git.  It's a much simpler design, twice as
fast, 1/10th as much code, the on-disk layout is much nicer...  And according
to both Junio Hamano of git and Matt Mackall of mercurial, writing a
converter back and forth is pretty simple so if I pick mercurial I should
eventually be able to pull from people who use git without losing any of the
funky lateral branch history that makes decentralized 3 way merges work so
well...)