timeout applet (new version)

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:53:57 PDT 2006

2006/7/11, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 4:18 am, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> >  updated:
> >  http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=680
>
> Feature requests really don't belong in the bug generator.

 Sorry I found the voice "new feature" and I used it.
 I will not do anymore.

> > Applet version 0.2.7 applies against busybox v1.1.3, changelog:
>
> > b) 1 bug less than previous applet version
>
> Since the previous version wasn't in busybox, and you didn't say what the
> fixed bug was, you're talking about an unknown change from an unknown
> starting point.  This statement conveys no information.

 I was speking about the previous version insert in the bug-generator
pointed by the link I posted.

> >  Please spent a minute to integrate in bb,
>
> Tarballs of individual files are a bit of a pain to deal with.  Just attach
> the files if you don't want to make a patch.  (And this says .bz2 but it's
> actually .gz.)

 Sorry about gz/bz2 mistake. In the tarball there is a patch which
changes bb already existing files, others files are completely new so
I packed them all to preverse relative path. I did not found a way to
have one-file-patch, I will read more carefully diff/patch docs.

> #include/talarm.h defines lots of signal names that libbb/u_signal_names.c
> already handles.  This entire .h file doesn't belong in #include.  (What's
> left would go in libbb.h if it should be in libbb/*.c.)

> Next, libbb/talarm.c is kind of ugly.  It's not busyboxified (doesn't even
> include busybox.h), it has gratuitous newlines like "static\nint" (and why is
> it defining a lot of static data anyway), you really don't need to block copy
> part of a freebsd web page on "what is a signal" into it as a big comment,
> please don't do things like #define alarm_kill and then use it exactly once,
> why the heck are you adding something libbb.h that's only used by one applet
> anyway...
>
> I'm going to stop reading it now.  The applet sounds like a good idea,
> though...

 Thank you for your suggestion about talarm.h and talarm.c I will
change them in order to fits with busybox structure. About
documentation embedded in the code I put it there as references
because this applet originally was a work I presented for an
university exam. I will remove.

 Cheers,
--
/roberto