Building additional binaries

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jul 6 13:06:06 PDT 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 12:39 pm, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > I'm trying to learn about git so we can have a toolset where all of us
> > can work at full speed without stomping each other so much.  My initramfs
> > tutorial at OLS is sandwiched between two git tutorials, so that seems
> > like a good time to come up to speed on it. :)
>
> I really don't want to start a version-control holy war -- honest --
> but I will mention that I've been using monotone to manage my busybox
> patches and regularly merge with the svn trunk. It's been working
> extremely well for me.

I've been meaning to take a look at mercurial too.  (I _tried_ to take a look
at svk, but the udhcp change Mike tried to cram down my throat had broken it
with the symlink thing, and I lost interest after the first week...)

The thing is, the git tutorial is something I don't even have to schedule.
I'm there anyway.  And it's a skill I should probably pick up to follow
kernel development better...

*shrug*  No rush...