Building additional binaries

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jul 5 10:05:29 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 10:37 am, Jason Schoon wrote:
> On 7/5/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 July 2006 00:51, Jason Schoon wrote:
> > > He is building in bFLT format (uClinux binary flat format) rather than
> > > ELF. Seems like a worthwhile and hopefully not insurmountable task.
> >
> > it's already integrated into the build system, Shaun just wants to let
> > the user add it to the default build list
> > -mike
>
> Seems (to me) like we should do something similar to the Linux kernel.
>  They still have those options to choose whether you want support for
> a.out, ELF, etc.

That's what executable formats they support, not what kernel type is
generated.  Specifying the kernel type you want is done via the make command
line.  (You always get an elf kernel, vmlinux in the top level directory, and
some systems actually boot that directly.  The others are generated from
vmlinux.)