Moving the applet directories.

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Tue Jan 24 18:31:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 11:55:31AM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Tuesday 24 January 2006 10:24, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 09:33:57AM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
>> >On Tuesday 24 January 2006 02:50, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>>
>> [snip]

>> >I'd love to.  How?  I never saw your changes and subversion doesn't seem
>> > to handle moves any better than cvs did, unless I'm using it wrong (which
>> > is quite possible).
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> >That's annoying.
>> >
>> >What was your change to defconfig?
>>
>> Config.in, but anyway
>>
>> Fixed in rev13561.
>
>Got it.
>
>> btw..
>> /tmp/bb//archival/libunarchive/filter_accept_list_reassign.c: In
>> function 'filter_accept_list_reassign':
>> /tmp/bb//archival/libunarchive/filter_accept_list_reassign.c:53: error:
>> 'ENABLE_FEATURE_DEB_TAR_LZMA' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> /tmp/bb//archival/libunarchive/filter_accept_list_reassign.c:53: error:
>> (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> /tmp/bb//archival/libunarchive/filter_accept_list_reassign.c:53: error:
>> for each function it appears in.)
>>
>> Please fix :)
>
>Will do, but I just tried a "make allbareconfig" so I could see this, and
>guess what?  My build broke spectacularly.  (Attached.)  Switching off the
>attempt to build libbb made it get much farther, but with exponentially more
>warnings.  (Switching that off got me to the break you mentioned, though.  Oh
>yeah, the tree's in good shape...)
>
>What version of gcc are you testing with?  (I've got 3.3 here.)

3.3 3.4 4.0 4.1-branch and mainline. I always used my .config and didn't
thought about the all targets; done.

====================
>libbusybox is GPL, not LGPL, and exports no stable API that might act as a
>copyright barrier.  We can and will modify the exported function set between
>releases (even minor version number changes), and happily break out-of-tree
>features.
====================
If you think this is necessary, may i ask you to put something like your
quote above in there? I guess you are better suited to proper word these
caveats.

>You might want to move this to the "debug" menu for now.  Until we get make
>standalone working or document a stable set of API exports, it's only of
>theoretical use.

Well, you can perused the shared lib for busybox itself Right Now (tm),
so personally i prefer to not move it somewhere else only to remember to
move it back where it initially was later on.

>gcc: unrecognized option `-combine'

done.

>/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '--reduce-memory-overheads'

great. So we need one or more dummy.c and a check_ld macro
Anyone interrested in providing a trivial patchlet for this?