[CFT][patch] buildsys touch-up and standalone applets

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Feb 15 14:45:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

The attached patch
- fixes parallel builds (make -j) to work again.
- uses less resources for the buildsystem itself.
- adds a (very) rough proposal for building standalone applets.
  See "Build options" Standalone applets.
  I changed coreutils/true and editors/* so you can try these as
  standalone.

I tested it with make-3.81beta4 and tried my best to workaround bugs in
make-3.80.

Please test and let me know what you think.

PS: For this quick approach, i avoided to create a standalone.c helper
file, this can be changed easily if this is preferred.
PPS: I didn't fix vi for standalone compilation.

diffstat:

 Config.in                          |   14 +
 INSTALL                            |   21 +
 Makefile                           |  397 +++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 Rules.mak                          |  315 +++++++++++++++++++----------
 applets/Makefile.in                |   20 -
 archival/Makefile.in               |   15 -
 archival/libunarchive/Makefile.in  |   96 +++-----
 console-tools/Makefile.in          |   26 --
 coreutils/Config.in                |    2
 coreutils/Makefile.in              |   15 -
 coreutils/libcoreutils/Makefile.in |   44 ----
 debianutils/Makefile.in            |   13 -
 e2fsprogs/Makefile.in              |   44 ++--
 editors/Config.in                  |    8
 editors/Makefile.in                |   34 +--
 findutils/Makefile.in              |   14 -
 init/Makefile.in                   |   14 -
 libbb/Makefile.in                  |  100 ++++-----
 libpwdgrp/Makefile.in              |   54 ++---
 loginutils/Makefile.in             |   18 -
 miscutils/Makefile.in              |   28 +-
 modutils/Makefile.in               |   14 -
 networking/Makefile.in             |   30 +-
 networking/libiproute/Makefile.in  |  110 ++++------
 networking/udhcp/Config.in         |    6
 networking/udhcp/Makefile.in       |   90 ++++++--
 procps/Makefile.in                 |   13 -
 scripts/config/Makefile            |   16 -
 scripts/config/confdata.c          |    2
 shell/Makefile.in                  |   25 --
 sysklogd/Makefile.in               |   13 -
 util-linux/Makefile.in             |   77 ++-----