Busybox 1.1.0 Sysinit issue

Justin Muir askholls at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:48:08 UTC 2006

Hello all, I first looked throughout the forms before asking this question.
Hopefully it is something simple as I've also tried to find it in my O'relly
book - but no luck. After the kernel 2.6.15.2 boots Sysinit starts to load
but informs me that it cannot find /etc/init.d/rcS. I've tried some of the
following:

booting from a CD mounting the disk as RW and modifing the inittab. I know
it is at least reading the inittab as it gave me a nice error on my awesome
typo.

The /dev/hda3 device is picked up by the kernel and the modifications did
save after I umounted the disk. However when even just putting something
simple as "echo Testing" it doesn't seem to find the file rc, rcS or
whatever I put in for the ::sysinit: call tag.

Error: "Bummer, could not read /etc/init.d/rcS No such file or directory" i
set it to 777 just for the sake of testing

Still no luck. Thanks in advanced. -Justin