timeout applet (adding) patch

Roberto A. Foglietta me at roberto.foglietta.name
Fri Feb 3 11:32:05 UTC 2006

Denis Vlasenko ha scritto:
> On Friday 03 February 2006 12:20, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:

[cut]

>>[roberto at wsraf busybox]$ ./busybox timeout --help
>>BusyBox v1.1.1-pre0 (2006.02.03-09:48+0000) multi-call binary
>>
>>Usage: timeout [-v] <timeout_in_sec> [-f exit_status_file] [-s
>>int_signal] "<command line>"
>>
>>Runs the "command line" within a timeout window and returns its status.
>>         -v Displays verbose resource usage information
>>         -f File name in which save the exit status
>>         -s Signal to send to the command line and its children
>>            after timeout expired

> softlimit from daemontools has a superset of this functionality.

  no it is different:

  softlimit takes:

-t n: Limit the CPU time to n seconds. This limit is not enforced except
that the process receives a SIGXCPU signal after n seconds.

  My timeout signal with a *specified* signal within N seconds of clock,
nothing about CPU time or other resources.

  Cheer,
--
Roberto A. Foglietta
http://www.roberto.foglietta.name