Bash shell support?

Roberto A. Foglietta roberto.foglietta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 07:52:24 UTC 2006

2006/8/23, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>:
> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 8:01 am, walter harms wrote:
> > lets hear if our shell expert can implement that.
>
> If we have a shell expert, I look forward to hearing from them.  Personally,
> I'm still reading up on all this stuff.  (A printout of the bash man page is
> apparently 97 pages long.)

 I do not know if I am an expert but since university time throught
all 5 years of my carrer I never met a person which develop script
shell like me. Every time I program in shell I discover something new.
The last I learn is:

[roberto at GEDX0327 myenta]$ hello="ciao ciao"
[roberto at GEDX0327 myenta]$ function ciao() { echo $hello; }
[roberto at GEDX0327 myenta]$ function miao() { local hello="ciao"; ciao; }
[roberto at GEDX0327 myenta]$ ciao
ciao ciao
[roberto at GEDX0327 myenta]$ miao
ciao

 if you use function in more than two level nested it easy to loose
the control about what are going on about not local variable.
Solution? Good bash programming require each function accept
parameter, check them and work just with local variable.

 As reference I say that this http://www.3gcam.it/ product work just
because shell scripting which coordinates many binaries and replace
completely log system, etc. etc.

 So I am interested in developing bb-ash in order it could run bash-scripts.

 Me too are very busy: I am paid for working on three projects, I have
a university master to finish and I would like have a life too.  If
somebody have urgency of this have to wait or to rent sombody because,
at least, until January 2007 I would not work on it seriously.

 Cheers,
--
/roberto