Busybox 1.01 insmod on Linux 2.6.8

Andrew McKay amckay at iders.ca
Tue Apr 25 15:12:50 UTC 2006

Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> That option does not allow you to use 2 modules w/ different versions, it
> only "binds" the compiled modules to the kernel (so you do not
> accidentally load modules compiled for another kernel).

Okay, I think I understand now.  Just an added measure to make sure you don't
load a wrong kernel version.  Hmm, it still doesn't make sense to me why it was
failing to load Kernel Modules that were built along with the Kernel.
MODVERSIONS is listed as experimental in 2.6.8.  Is it a bad thing to have this
disabled in the Kernel?