bugs in regex_process() in less applet

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Apr 18 13:20:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 12:56:17PM +0400, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> >I tried to talk to him about it, but not only did he spam block my email
> >for years,
>
> Nobody in the right to demand from me to accept mail from such disgusting
> reverse address: dsl092-053-140.phl1.dsl.speakeasy.net.
> I many times offered all as as to developers to send from the good address
> of the project: @busybox.net

I will speak up in his defense and say YES PEOPLE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND
WILL DEMAND YOU ACCEPT IT. Any address is a potentially valid mailer.
You have no legitimate business blocking addresses that you think are
"dialup/customer/dynamic/whatever". Especially in this case --
speakeasy is a DSL isp _intended_ for users who run home servers, etc.

If you want to filter spam filter it on CONTENT, not fascist rules
about who can and cannot send email. DUL and similar fascists can go
to hell.

Rich