find_list_entry.c and "FNM_LEADING_DIR"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 17 11:06:34 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Natanael Copa wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Glenn L. McGrath wrote:
> >
> > by the way, perhaps i should justify why i want the behaviour i've
> > been talking about.  i wrote a small set of shell scripts to support a
> > local software packaging system.  it looks a lot like ipkg/dpkg, where
> > each package is pretty much a tarball, but with an additional
> > top-level "meta" directory containing pre-inst, post-inst stuff,
> > version number, etc.
>
> Have you seen apk-tools? Sounds like its exactly what youare doing.
> (tarball + optional pre/post install stuff)
>
> http://apk-tools.sourceforge.net
>
> It also has support for remote fetching (http/ftp/scp/rsync) and
> updating packages.

ooooh ... that sounds promising, thanks.  my preferences, in order,
would be:

  1) use a BB applet if it does everything i want (dpkg stuff)
  2) use a well-established external tool (ipkg?)
  3) stick with the home-written stuff.

i will definitely give this a look-see.

rday

p.s.  i vaguely recall some discussion about adding "ipkg" to BB, but
i don't remember whatever became of that.  that would seem to be,
perhaps, more trouble than it's worth but was anyone looking into
that?