another nfs mount issue

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Apr 5 01:42:16 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 8:41 pm, Kumar Gala wrote:
> Rob,
>
> One more difference between the new and old mount.  It appears that
> if we did the following on the command line it worked:
>
> $ mount -o nolock engbld:/home /home
>
> now we have to give a -t nfs for this to work.
> if we want to maintain the behavior from 1.1.0 we need to set mp-
>
>  >mnt_type to "nfs" in the else clause.
>
> - kumar

Clarifying: it does get to the "else" clause so it's already recognized it as
nfs, it just hasn't set the file type?

Technically speaking, a non-nfs mount can have a ":" in it.  This is a very
brittle heuristic.  But if our heuristic is already breaking the rest of the
world anyway, we might as well make it convenient.  (And they can override it
by specifying the file type...)

I suppose the corresponding smbfs heuristic would be "starts with // or \\"...