warnings in libbb.h

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Mon Sep 12 11:51:04 UTC 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 10:31, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 08:37:43PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> >On Sunday 11 September 2005 16:15, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> >> //#warning change names?
> >> my_getpwnam, my_getgrnam, my_getug, my_getpwuid, my_getgrgid
> >>
> >> I'd rename them to bb_*(), fwiw.
> >
> >bb_xgetgrnam() seems more likely for the first one, since the x generally
> >seems to mean "die if this isn't found"...
> >
> >Tito was the last guy to play with these. :)
>
> Tito, would you look into renaming them or do you prefer me to look into
> making a patch for this?
Hi,

my_getpwnam() -> bb_xgetpwnam()   /* dies on error */
my_getgrnam()  -> bb_xgetgrnam()     /* dies on error */
my_getgrgid()     -> bb_getgrgid
my_getpwuid()    -> bb_getpwuid
my_getug()          -> bb_getug()             /* used only by my_getgrgid and my_getpwuid so far */

maybe something like this, but it is just a hint so feel free to change it.
Just try to differentiate somehow the two that always die on error and
go for the patch. :-)

Ciao,
Tito