Busybox's amazingly stagle changelog.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 28 08:42:50 UTC 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 22:54, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > I suppose we could just "svn log -v > Changelog" and check it in every
> > time we do an actual release, but honestly, how often does that happen?
> > :)
>
> add it to part of the `make dist` target ?  do we have a `make dist` target
> ?

Make release.

In that case, the Changelog entry that's currently in CVS should be zapped, if
it becomes a synthetic file created by the release machinery.

> i just learned about this sweet command from svn:
> svn export . /some/dir/

Ooh, that is nice.

My busybox repository has accumulated a lot of cruft over the past few months.
Unfortunately, lots of this cruft is things like the make standalone
machinery that I just haven't had the time/energy to follow up on yet...