New FTP commands

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Sat Oct 15 08:17:19 UTC 2005

hi hinko,
nice work. actualy i did the same some time ago (not for busybox). the
program is still in use but is same drawback.
You need to login always that is not a problem if you have only a few
files/user to handle with but it scales badly. Sometimes you need to
check if a file exists, make a checksum etc.. in such cases it is best
to do it in one session because some other prg may already process your
data.

an alternative approach i was thinking about was making a real
scriptable ftp (like a shell) for pure ftpd commands (simplifys command
handling)
perhaps you are interested in testing the idea ?

re,
	walter

ps: for now i use an old netkit-ftp for my ftp stuff