New FTP commands

hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si
Fri Oct 14 13:50:12 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've need simple busybox ftp to perform some additional actions on FTP
server such as delete a file, append to a file and list servers
directory. Here is the patch...

I've added needed functions and changed Makefile.in and Config.in
accordingly. Main difference is that ony one link is created - 'ftp'
(instead of two - 'ftpget' and 'ftpput') which also makes addition of
other FTP command straightforward. Action to be performed if selected
via commandline switch like this:
RETRIEVE FILE:
ftp -r <other options> HOST REMOTE-FILE LOCAL-FILE

SEND FILE:
ftp -s <other options> HOST LOCAL-FILE REMOTE-FILE

DELETE FILE:
ftp -d	<other options> HOST REMOTE-DIR REMOTE-FILE

APPEND FILE:
ftp -a <other options> HOST LOCAL-FILE REMOTE-FILE

LIST,NLIST:
ftp -l <other options> HOST REMOTE-DIR OUT-FILE
ftp -n <other options> HOST REMOTE-DIR OUT-FILE

<other options> remain the same as for previous implementation of ftp
client. Every supported FTP command can be enabled/disabled in menuconfig.

This patch is based on
http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2005-June/014644.html and is to be
applied to stable 1.01 release (not SVN).

Some stuff could be optimized away ... any comments welcomed.

--
regards,
hinkok