library build

Sushant Kumar Mishra skm_online at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 24 09:54:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to cross compile libminigui-1.3.3 a gui
library for my arm board.

When i compile it for my i386 architecture it is ok.

But when i am trying to cross compile it for arm with
cross-2.95.c cross tool chain  the library buils is
not complete.That is some .so library is not geting
build.

In the ./configure step for arm i am getting some
message as
checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
< checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
< checking whether to build shared libraries... no

But for i386 i am getting
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux
ld.so
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes

I am not able to avoid this any how.Plz suggest me
what to do.

regards
skm