Inetd.c sigpause() --> __xpg_sigpause() not in uClibc

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Nov 10 19:50:42 UTC 2005

On Thu Nov 10, 2005 at 08:01:02AM -0800, John Z. Bohach wrote:
> On Thursday 10 November 2005 00:49, Rob Landley wrote:
> > I'm working on upgrading the test suite.  (I just checked in a big sed
> > test rewrite earlier today, which paves the way for a full susv3
> > compliant test set for set.)
>
> Testsuites will be good, but the more I look at inetd.c, the more I think
> uClibc/include/signal.h is the root cause of the difference.  Here's why:

There are two problems: one with uClibc and one with busybox.

uClibc's signal.h should not point folks to __xpg_sigpause()
without supplying an implementation of __xpg_sigpause().  This is
a bug in uClibc which clearly needs fixing.

The other problem is with busybox: busybox should be using the
POSIX signal handling interfaces, not the obsolete BSD stuff.
Thus inetd (and really all other busybox applets now using BSD
signal handling interfaces) should be converted to use
sigaction(), sigsuspend(), and friends.

 -Erik