inetd and syslogd

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Wed Nov 9 03:49:13 UTC 2005

yinguomei wrote:
> hello:
>   Thanks for attention of all of you!
>
>   I copy the services file from redhat 9.0,so I think the /etc/services file is ok.
> I write an app which use getservbyname function ,I can get the service port,but in the inetd.c
> in busybox,it only can get 0.why?

I don't see a response to: (Message-ID:
<43707410.7020806 at chickenandporn.com>)
> It's possible, too, looking at the code ("sep->se_service,
> sep->se_proto") against your error message ("tcp/telnet: unknown
> service") that you have the format backwards? In your /etc/inetd.conf
> file, should you swap the "tcp" and the "telnet"?
If you have tried swapping the parameters, perhaps you can update us
with the results of doing that -- or tell me why I'm out-to-lunch on
that. Also, I think it was Rob who asked to actually see your
/etc/inetd.conf file, but I don't see where you sent that to the list.
Did I miss a few emails?

Allan