It's not a bug.

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Fri Nov 4 06:39:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:59:13 -0800, Bertrand Mollinier Toublet
<bertrand at sdesigns.com> wrote:

>Rob Landley wrote:

>> There are several "bugs" in the bug system that aren't bugs.  Will tar
>> add support for Sun's "pax" format?

Yeah sure, show us the code.

>> People enter these things as bugs.  And they're not bugs.

> In Bugzilla (at least version 2.6 which I use at work), there is even a
> severity status named 'enhancement' to be used just for that.

Programmers at work earn money responding to feature requests.

Anyone wanting new features in free software needs to understand that
DIY is SOP.  Anyone who can't DIY, may pay a programmer who can.  And
if they don't have that kind of money, then they must try to be happy
with the features they have.