[BusyBox] Amusing how insular bugtraq is...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri May 20 05:38:47 UTC 2005

This look familiar to anyone?

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/398470/2005-05-16/2005-05-22/0

Like, perhaps, this?

http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2003-November/009878.html

I emailed Julian Seward at the time, who apparently ignored it.  Now Bugtraq
has rediscoverd this and gone "eek" recently.  I tried figuring out how to
attach a note to the bugtraq bug, but apparently I can't even _see_ the
bugtraq bug because I'm not a security professional subscribed to their
nondisclosure thingy.

How do they expect to _receive_ information if they're so closely guarding
their hoard of it?

Oh well...

No, busybox is not vulnerable to this.  My rewrite correctly errored out on
the corrupt archive when I first discovered the problem (as the message
said), it was just compatability testing against the original bzip that I
discovered it went nuts...

Oh, and Eric needs to fix the archive urls so they say busybox.net instead of
codepoet.org.  Substitute the domain name and you can download the
attachment...