[BusyBox] Modprobe passes parameters to modules only for kern el 2.6

Fabrice Gautier Fabrice_Gautier at sdesigns.com
Fri May 6 22:55:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

What do you mean by it was never implemented ? Was there a problem with 2.4
before this patch ?

My own hack was simply to remove the #ifdef and "it works for me"...(With a
2.4.26 uClinux kernel.)

I guess that would not qualify as a well implemented patch and that there is
something else behind this ...

The insmod applet works just fine with parameters and I believe modprobe
just call the insmod applet in the end. So I don't really see what I'm
missing ?

I don't have any modules.dep or other modules files, could this be part of
the story ?

Thanks

-- Fabrice