[BusyBox] [syslogd] Remote logging problem (-R flag doesn't work)

Remco van Strien rvstrien at dse.nl
Mon Mar 14 14:58:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

Recently, I've been busy trying to get a client pc to log to a server pc
using the syslogd command. I use the following command:

syslogd -n -m 0 -R 192.168.1.1 (the address of my server) whereafter
syslogd shows the usage help whereafter syslogd dies. Because of that is
looks like i'm not using the correct syntax?? Pinging the server works
okay, logging locally is no problem. I compiled busybox with "Remote Log
support". Did I miss anything important about the -R flag?

Kind regards,
Remco van Strien.