[BusyBox] SVN tarball snapshots?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Mar 11 17:58:48 UTC 2005

On Fri Mar 11, 2005 at 11:45:04AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> Under the old CVS stuff I used to be able to click on a link to
> get a tarball of the current CVS.  That link isn't there
> anymore...
>
> Just wondering.

I shut down that link since stupid web robots were wanding around
under cgi-bin, downloading terabytes of every feasible version of
every project, and sending the load average on the server to ~80
with zillions of concurrent gzip and tar processes running.
Really really annoying, painful, and was making the site terribly
unresponsive.  So I was forced to disable it or come up with a
nifty scheme to sort out the people from the bots, which would
have been annoying.  I opted to just kill the instant tarball
feature and be done with it.  Sorry about that.  The stupid bots
have spoiled things for everyone.  Thank your friendly
neighborhood spammers (with a baseball bat if possible ;)

I do generate daily snapshots, so you can of course always fetch
a snapshot and run 'svn up' to get it up to the second.

 -Erik